Friday, February 13, 2009

Dora Band-aids Make Everything Better

"Hey, Sweet Girl, ready to go bye-bye with Mommy?"
Here's the thing, I'm not crazy about getting strapped in my carseat, but I do love getting out to see the world. Take me outside and I will be a happy baby. Take me to a doctor's office to sit and wait & wait & wait and I'm bound to get squirrely AND suspicious.
"Eleanor!"


I thought, "This can't be good -- they're calling me by my cranky old lady name." Mommy carried me through a set of doors and into a room with jungle animals painted on the wall. I wonder what would happen if I color on the walls in my room...
I soon found out the purpose of this jungle meeting. I had heard whispers of what was to come from the toddler in the waiting room, but was ill prepared for the sharp pains of the needles. At first, I thought, "Not so bad..." BUT, with the second & THIRD shot, I let out a whimper. Hurry! Somebody give me my binky!


As the jungle meeting came to an end, the nurse, who ironically is named Angel, gave me two Dora band-aids & 1 Barbie band-aid and that made me feel much happier. In fact, I've been happy ever since! I am so brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment