Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Diary of a Baby

Dear Diary,

Let me first begin by saying what a beautiful day it is today! This sun is out, the weather is mild, and perhaps it will be enough for Mommy to forget about my little experiment last night.

Before we get to that, I should report that yesterday was equally as beautiful and to celebrate the day, Mommy & I went into town. She put me in my stroller (without the carseat) and I could see the whole world! So many trees, puppies, and people! I even got a present -- a friend for my binky. I think they are friends because Mommy tied the binky to the new lamby clip and then she clipped it onto me. She said something like, "Now she won't be able to launch her binky two rows ahead of us at church anymore." Sounds like a challenge to me!

Back to my experiment... in the night, I awoke to find myself all alone and thought I might benefit from a smackerel of milk. "Mommy! It's me, Ellie. If you love me, will you please come get me?" Which of course sounds like, "Wah, wah, wahahaha..." Brilliant! I could hear her coming... okay, look cute and hungry! I smiled, she smiled, and it worked! Tummy full again!

That was so great that I did it again three hours later! What can I say? I'm a growing girl! After I had the second middle of the night smackerel, I was really tired. I had my silky in one hand, Lamby in the other, and a binky in my mouth -- what more could a baby ask for?

Oh, no! I awoke again while it was still dark to find myself all alone. I thought, 'My tummy is still full, but maybe someone will crawl into my crib and snuggle with me.' I asked -- "Mommy? Are you over there?" She heard, "Wah. Wah." At first, she did not come! Unbelievable! I called again, "Mommy. It's me, your baby. You know, the baby that you wanted SO badly. Your cute and very snuggly baby?" Finally, she came and she scooped me up and I immediately snuggled in. She murmured something about it was almost morning, that I could snuggle in bed with her, and thank God for coffee.

We snuggled in bed, nose to nose, my hand on her cheek... and I think I saw a little tear fall from her eye because she knows that it won't be like this for long.


1 comment:

  1. I am serious- you have the cutest blog!!!!! Very cute. I can totally remember those days when my kids were tiny. My husband would say- "make them cry", and we did make them cry it out a bit- but I could not stand it!!

    ReplyDelete