Monday, May 11, 2009

First Mother's Day


Dear Diary,

Sunday was Mother's Day. Well, at least that's what Toby Dog told me. He came to my crib really late on Saturday night and said, "Hey, did you get anything for Mommy?" I said, "No." because I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as Mother's Day. So, he said, "Come on. Climb on my back. Harris Teeter is open 24 hours." We bought some flowers for Mommy & then came home and got online. Toby wanted to type, but he doesn't have thumbs so I let him move the mouse. He is right-pawed. Anyway, we bought Mommy a massage & she loved it. Babies and dogs have such great ideas.

We went to church & then out for lunch. I was a good girl even though my second tooth is starting to make an appearance. After my nap, Mommy & Daddy took me to the playground. I think Mother's Day must be for children, too. Mommy didn't do any cleaning & Daddy didn't do anything with his black rectangle with numbers on it-- they just played with me.

Hoping today is just like Mother's Day, too!

Much love,
Baby Ellie

p.s. Please don't tell Mommy & Daddy that Toby drove the Jeep.

p.p.s. And don't tell them that I pushed the pedals.


1 comment: