Monday, April 13, 2009

In Your Easter Bonnet...

Dear Diary,

I bet you thought that there would be pictures of me in my Easter dress, right? This is a sore topic for me. You see, I was napping peacefully yesterday morning when Mommy suddenly appeared at my crib with a (gasp!) dress. A pink dress with little white buttons & a matching bonnet.

First, she changed my diaper. That was okay. I like being fresh. Next, came a pink onesie & then fancy white tights. I made her work hard to get those on. I am pretty talented with my "kicky legs". Next came little bloomers & the dress. Mommy eventually got it buttoned in the back -- you have to at least give her an A for effort. That woman does not give up. Then... came... the... bonnet.

I thrashed from the left to the right, I screamed, I scratched, I poked, we wrestled, until finally, defeated, we went to church with the bonnet on my head.

"You WILL wear this bonnet. It looks cute!!" Mommy said through clenched teeth.
Due to the wrestling, there was limited time for pictures. However, I have heard rumors that today just might be a "dress up the baby & take pictures" kind of day. Great. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment